There are a few small things that really make a big difference when being photographed. The following is not an exhaustive list but will get you on the right track to having the kind of photograph that you will be able to enjoy for years to come.
1. Have a plan. Do not just show up and then think about all of the things you wish you had brought to wear or what you could have used to have in your photographs.
2. Ladies. Don't go sleeveless or wear very short sleeves. Tops without sleeves tend to make your arms look fat.
3. Don't get a new doo or a fresh hair cut just before your session. You may NOT like the new look in your pictures. Comb your hair and look nice but a new cut or color may not be something you will be happy with.
4. Busy prints often cause problems. You can experiment a little but always bring another change of clothes or two for a variety of poses, especially if you will be in a place where changing will be convenient.
5. Dress up a little... Your favorite faded outfit does not always make the best photos. It often helps to ask someone's opinion about what you will wear.
6. Be careful about wearing slogans or other printed outfits. It is much better to wear clothing that does not have wording on them.
7. Do a little matching (If possible) if you are going to be in group or family photos. Matching colors on a solid background often make photographs that you will treasure for years to come.
8. Glasses: If possible, borrow a pair of glasses from your Dr. that have the lenses out. Some glass glare can be repaired but there is an extra charge.
Put some thought into your photography session and you will love your photos for many years. Make them something you can be proud of!
Check out our Blog to find more great information about additional preparation for your photo session.